About the Artist:
Born in Adelaide, Richard Tipping currently lives in Sydney, Australia. His undergraduate study was in humanities at Flinders University in Adelaide and he completed both a masters degree and doctorate at the University of Technology, Sydney. He has authored five books of poems, a book of photographs and published many limited edition books, print folios and sculptural multiples. Since 1996, he has held solo exhibitions in cities including Sydney, Adelaide, London, New York, Cologne and Munich, and has major commissioned sculptures installed in several Australian cities.
His photographs, prints and sculptures are in many public collections in Australia, including all state galleries and the National Gallery of Australia, Canberra.
He continues to explore the physical qualities of language and making art with words, getting poetry off the page and into the streets.
Link to Artpoem.com
Links to Archives:
Further information about Richard Tipping’s art and writing, have a look at:
* The Australian print collection of the National Gallery, Canberra. http://printsandprintmaking.gov.au
* The National Library of Australia collection, with Libraries Australia and Picture Australia http://librariesaustralia.nla.gov.au
* Austlit: the Australia Literature Resource
* The Powerhouse Museum, Sydney
* Australian Poetry Library www.poetrylibrary.edu.au
About this Site:
Site content: Richard Tipping
Site designer: Stu McDonald (nonstop.net.au)
richardtipping.net has been made with WordPress, an open source blogging platform available at www.wordpress.org